Only ten days to go until the opening of the biggest State Fair in America! That’s right, folks, the State Fair of Texas opens soon (Sept. 30 to be exact), and we cannot wait! Texas Treats knows what makes Texans happy, and the Texas State Fair is one of them! Need a reason to go? We’ve got 10 good ones lined up for ya!
10. It’s the only place you can find thousands of people flocking to buy Fried Bubblegum and Buffalo Chicken in a Flapjack (this year’s “Big Tex Choice Award” winners for Most Creative and Best Taste, respectively).
9. You can preview over 400 brand new vehicles in the air-conditioned Auto Show building (and even get your picture in the driver seat if you’d like!)
8. You can bring your kids and participate in all kinds of crazy contests like the “Glue a Shoe” Event or the Great American Spam Kid Chef competition.
7. Once an hour, on the hour, you can head to the Cattle Barn and see a live milking demonstration (udderly interesting, if you ask us)!
6. Each night at 7:15 the streets of this fair in Dallas lights up with the Reliant Starlight Parade – fun for all!
5. Grab your ten-gallon hats and soar above the crowds on the 1,800-foot long aerial gondola track or the world-famous Texas Star.
4. It’s totally acceptable to unleash your inner child as you cheer on speedy piggies as they race around a track to earn a cookie and some well-deserved applause!
3. Midway Barker might be half a man, but he’ll be fully thrilled if you stop by for a visit!
2. No where else in the world can you find a 52 foot tall cowboy welcoming you with a firm and warm “Howdy Folks”, while you munch on a delicious Fletcher’s corn dog or a gut-busting smoked turkey leg!
1. But the #1 reason to visit the State Fair of Texas, is the one-of-a-kind experience you’ll have walking Fair Park with the largest collection of friendly folks, southern cooking and wallet-emptying carnival games in the world.
If you can’t tell, we LOVE this great fair in Dallas, and if you’re looking for ideas for gifts this fall, we’ve created just the basket for the fair-lover in all of us, the State Fair Sampler! This basket is a fabulous and it’s got everything you could want, whether the recipient is an avid fair-goer or an out-of-towner who can’t wait to come!