The beauty of seasonal decorations is that your home becomes a blank canvas and you get to set the mood for all the upcoming celebrations. Now that it’s November, you can enthusiastically set the stage for Thanksgiving! Creating an atmosphere in your home can help everyone (including you!) be more thankful and more likely to delight in the simple pleasures of the season – like leaves changing colors and the warm aroma of apple cider on the stove!
We’ve gathered a couple of great craft ideas for you to do this weekend! No matter what your skill level is or how much time you have we think you will be able to find something to add a little slice of November to your home!
1. HGTV’s How To Make a Rectangular Rustic Fall Wreath This simple and sophisticated wreath brings a natural element to holiday decor. Its versatility allows you to hang it on a door or use it flat on a table as a centerpiece.
2. iVillage’s DIY Candlelight For a touch of homemade warmth at the table, tie fall leaves around glass jars with thin twine and add a votive candle to each.
3. Better Homes and Gardens’ Natural Table Runner For a fresh-from-the-pumpkin-patch table runner, arrange a line of miniature pumpkins or gourds in the center of the table and weave double-faced ribbon around them. Top with a bittersweet stem for a blaze of color.
4. Country Living’s “Giving Thanks” Candle Bands From wool felt, cut bands slightly narrower than each candle’s length. Cut two of each letter for the “Giving Thanks” display. Secure one letter to each side of the band with spray adhesive.
5. Martha Stewart’s Mini Mayflower Centerpiece A sheet of torn-edged watercolor paper becomes the main sail, and a blue burlap tablecloth replicates the waters of Massachusetts Bay.
We hope one of those ideas makes your home feel more ready for the holidays!
Have a great weekend!