Here at Texas Treats, our love for Texas is so wide and so long that we love each city like it’s our own kid! And what do proud parents do? They brag! And this time, we’re bragging about Dallas, TX!
Just a couple fun facts about the Big D, thanks to www.visitdallas.com. Be sure to mosey on over to their site to see more!
- Dallas is the 9th largest city in the US and the third largest in Texas(!) with a population of 1,299,543.
- Dallas is located 35 miles east of Fort Worth, 245 miles north, northwest of Houston and 300 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico.
- There are more than 30,000 hotel rooms (!) in the city of Dallas.
- With the roof enclosed, the entire Statue of Liberty could fit into the new Cowboys Stadium.
- Highland Park Village Shopping Center, developed in 1931 has the distinction of being the first planned shopping center in America.
- Lamar Hunt, founder of the American Football League and son of oil tycoon H.L. Hunt, was a noted Dallas resident when he coined the phrase ‘Super Bowl‘.
- A few celebrities from the area: Angie Harmon, Luke and Owen Wilson, Norah Jones, Erykah Badu, Jessica Simpson
- The Dallas Arts District is the largest urban arts district in the United States.
- And finally, the frozen margarita machine was invented in Dallas! How fun!
As you can see, Dallas is full of fun facts about tourists, celebrities, football, art, shopping, and even the margarita! We sure hope you enjoyed reading these few bits of information. And if you ever do visit Dallas, be sure to head on up to Frisco and visit us while you pick up some Texas Themed Gifts, Snacks, and Sweets! We’d love to see you!
For more delicious and unique gift ideas, visit www.texastreats.com.