Ever heard the phrase, “Up all night. Sleep all day!”? For some night owls this may sound enticing, but for Moms the phrase needs to be altered a bit: “Up all night. Up all day!” Moms all around the world have been up all night due to sweet and needy babies! The ironic twist is that no matter what kind of night that baby had, he’s gonna wake up the next day and keep on truckin’! Some days Mom doesn’t get much sleep (and this doesn’t change much even when her kids are older)! A mother’s job never ends; it’s both a privilege and a duty. Which is why honoring your sweet Mom on Mother’s Day is such a great idea! Saying “Thank You” does not have to be too complicated.
Here are 5 easy and thoughtful ways to show Momma you care.
1) Spend the Day with Mom For some this isn’t possible, but if it is, what a wonderful way to say “I choose time with you over everything else today!” This could include lunch, a movie, going to the beach, or just hanging out at home.
2) Make Mom Lunch Though going out to eat is a lovely option, so is making lunch for her at home. Put into practice a recipe she has made for you or try out something completely new! Taking the time to make lunch and present it nicely is a wonderful way to say thanks!
3) Enhance Mom’s Garden Does Mom enjoy gardening? Stop by a local plant nursery and find one that is beautiful and reminds you of your mom. If time permits, learn more about how to care for the plant and plant it with your Mom!
4) Give Mom a Call If your Momma isn’t blessed enough to live in Texas (maybe she lives in Florida, though!) be sure to give her a call and tell her all the wonderful things she means to you! (We are assuming you’ve already sent her a card! If not, better late than never!)
5) Take a Walk Down Memory Lane Does your Mom love remembering the sweet days when you were young? Take a walk down memory lane with her over some iced tea. Perhaps find some old photos to jog her memory and bring a couple favorite stories of your own!
We hope you have a wonderful day celebrating Mom! And if (by chance) you haven’t sent her anything yet, check out www.texastreats.com for some unique “better late than never” gifts that she will love!