Do you have a plan yet for celebrating Dad this Father’s Day? Just a head’s up it’s this Sunday, June 17. Time to get a plan together! Just a few months ago we celebrated Mom with 5 thoughtful ways but with Dad, perhaps we need to think not only outside the box, but simply think outside. Here are 5 fun and easy ways to celebrate Dad this Sunday.
1) Plan A Fishing Trip The Lone Star State is known for offering some of the “best bass fishing in the nation with storied lakes like Fork, Toledo Bend, Falcon and Sam Rayburn leading the way.” If not bass fishing, how about fly fishing? “Most fly fishers head to the Texas Hill Country to fish the clear, cold waters for trout, Guadalupe bass, Rio Grande perch and other species.”
2) Head To The Lake If Dad loves water sports, consider heading out to Lake Travis in the Texas Hill country to take advantage of boating, water skiing, jet skiing, wake boarding, sailing and/or windsurfing. Keep it simple and pick up sandwiches on the way!
3) Tee Up With Dad Does your Dad love packing up his clubs and heading for the greens? Scheduling a round of golf may be just what Dad wants. Maybe Dad doesn’t have time to play a full game, check your local area for Top Golfs – where golfing is streamlined for you and fun!
4) Think Steak Though chicken salad sounds more refreshing on a Sunday afternoon, you might want to consider some delicious steaks for lunch or dinner. Pick up your own at the local market or take Dad out to a mouth-watering meal. You can’t go wrong with this one!
5) Make The Call In today’s day and age, it’s easy to send a quick email, a text, or even (if Dad’s “trendy” enough) a Facebook message. But nothing beats a “face to face” or “voice to voice” conversation. Give Dad a call this Father’s Day and thank him for the years of love he devoted to…you!
Uh oh, are you reading this too late? Has Father’s Day come and gone and you did 0 of 5 of our ideas? Don’t worry! Nothing says “I was dreaming of the Lone Star State so much on Sunday that I forgot it was Father’s Day!” than a Texas Treats Gift Basket personalized with your Dad’s name all over it! Just let us know how we can help!