When you think of Texas towns, undoubtedly a few pop up up in your mind. Places like Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Waco, Austin, and perhaps even Lubbock (Go Tech!) or College Station are the most familiar ones. But these towns are not necessarily the funniest names Texas has to offer. Unusual town names are in every state, but Texas proudly boasts some of the most unusual and unique names. Have you heard of any of these?
- Happy, Texas (nothing but smiles there!)
- Fred, Texas (wonder if Wilma lives close by?)
- Noodle, Texas (bet pasta is pretty popular there!)
- Egypt, Texas (but without the pyramids?)
- Earth, Texas (hope the aliens don’t get things confused…)
- Bacon, Texas (yum!)
- Oatmeal, Texas (pairs well with Bacon, TX!)
- Paris, Texas (a romantic getaway for those who don’t like to go overseas?)
- Italy, Texas (tell your friends you went to Paris and Italy over the weekend!)
Pretty fun, huh?
How about these other unique named locations around the United States?
- Ordinary, VA
- Burnt Corn, AL
- Paw Paw, WV
- Aloha, WA
- Cookietown, OK
- Can Do, ND
- Welcome, NC
- Florida, NY
- Truth or Consequence, NM
- Hungry Horse, MT
- Japan, MO
- Chickenbone, MS
- Christmas, MI
- Boring, MD
- Toad Hop, IN
- Yeehaw, FL
- Pickles, AR
There are so many more out there! It’s fun to hear all the unusual names of places; especially when they bring a smile to your face!
Another thing we’re smiling about is our Personalized Horseshoe Giveaway! Our giveaway is already up and running and there are 4 ways you can enter! 1) Leave a comment on our FB page about what Texas Treats Gift, Snack or Sweet you have ordered or would order in the future! 2) Share the contest on your Facebook page! 3) Share the contest by Tweeting it! 4) Subscribe to this blog! (www.texastreats.wordpress.com) To complete your entry, you must leave a comment on our FB page of what you did for your entry! You can enter more than once; a winner will be randomly selected and announced on Facebook. Giveaway ends September 21. Enter today!