As we all know, fall is a very busy month. Often leaving no time to plan for the Halloween party that you have promised people you are having! Have no fear, we (with the help of marthastewart.com) are here! Per usual, Martha offers some of the greatest last-minute ideas that you can do yourself! The hardest part for you may be getting the house swept and dusted – though that could add to the eery ambiance that is expected on a Halloween night!
Last-Minute Halloween Party Ideas
1. Pumpkin Cooler: Grab one of the large pumpkins on your doorstep and get carving! But this time, don’t add a spooky face. Simply remove the top half of the pumpkin, clear out all the gunk inside, line the inside with a glass bowl, fill with ice and your favorite bottled drinks and voila! you have a delightful way of offering drinks to your friends!
2. Hanging Bats: Find an online tutorial or make your own trace of different-sized bats, cut out of black construction paper, and hang from your porch with fishing wire. Creating an eery entry, your guests will love to dodge the bats!
3. Jack-O-Lantern Party Favors: Fill small cellophane bags with candy corn, tie with an orange ribbon, and wrap the entire bag with orange construction paper and draw on with a black marker a jack-o-lantern face. Fun and yummy!
4. Pumpkin Balloons: Easy and a great decoration! Buy some orange (and black) helium balloons, cut out some jack-o-lantern face parts out of construction paper and glue onto the balloons. Another alternative would be simply drawing on faces with a black sharpie. Stage the balloons by the front door of the food table and you will be good-to-go!
5. Cheesecloth Spiderwebs: Nothing enhances a Halloween entryway or fireplace mantel than cheesecloth! “Transform your living room into a decrepit dwelling by hanging ragged-looking spiderwebs made by pinning, snipping, and tearing cheesecloth.”
6. Food, Glorious Food: No party is complete without food! Even with the best decorations, if you have no food – the party just isn’t nearly as fun! Be sure to swing by Texas Treats’ Frisco location and pick up some yummy snacks. With Texas-shaped tortilla chips, Salsa Ranchera, Chipotle Con Queso, and so much more, your food table will be perfectly set for the little and big costumes who come to your party!
This weekend, put together a couple of these Halloween party ideas and you will be ready to host! It’s always so fun to have a place for others to come and share in the fun of the season!