Are you starting to second guess yourself? Did you really tell the whole family that you would host Thanksgiving this year?! The hostess in you loved suggesting it while the planner in you tried to fight back – planning a Thanksgiving meal is hard work! Not to mention you have a house to clean, 2 soccer games to attend, 1 ballet recital and 3 kids to make Thanksgiving crafts for school projects. How can you do it all? Well, we know you can do it! For starters, make the planning process enjoyable by snacking on some delicious Texas Treats while you do so! Nothing like Texas-shaped Tortilla Chips & Salsa Ranchera to bring a smile to your face and belly!
As you plan, remember what’s important – Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks…especially for all those good friends and family coming to share the day with you and yours. Many thanks to epicurious.com for helping us all ask ourselves simple questions that will help make planning a Thanksgiving meal all the better.
- How many people are you cooking for? Knowing the exact number can help determine how much seating you will need, number of place settings to plan for, number of sides, desserts and size of turkey.
- How would you describe your cooking skills? If you are a novice – admit it! If you are a culinary expert – then you have some lucky guests headed your way. By admitting your level of cooking skills, you are likely to choose a menu that reflects this – which is good!
- How important are traditional recipes in your menu? For some, a green bean casserole, sweet potato souffle, pumpkin pie, and apple cider are musts on a Thanksgiving menu. If you are willing to try the un-ordinary, there is much to be considered!
- Do you want your menu to be healthy? This is the million dollar question! Do you want to keep the ingredients simple and healthy or is this a day of letting loose? Knowing this will enable you to buy your ingredients accordingly.
- How much time do you have to devote to cooking? If time is short (see intro paragraph) or if you have an entire day or two for cooking, then you will want to choose recipes that accommodate your schedule. No need to get stressed!
- Who are your guests? Adults only? Adults and kids? When kids are involved, it’s important to have a few menu items that will satisfy the littlest of tummies. If it’s adults only – then the sky’s the limit!
For the full “online quiz” be sure to visit epicurious.com to see what Thanksgiving meals they recommend. In the meantime, kick your feet up, fill your taste buds with the delicious flavors of Texas Treats and start enjoying the process!