We’ve all been there before: shopping hectically at the very last minute for gifts to give others. Which often explains the half-hearted, forced smile from the recipient as we probably did not hit the nail on the head. Last-minute gifts usually lead us to making irrational or unthoughtful decisions all for the sake of having a gift. We found this funny article in the Huffington Post that felt all too familiar, “What your last-minute gift really says”. What do you think? Here are a few of their examples; we hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- Non-descript Scarf: “I didn’t know your name until I drew you in Secret Santa.”
- Overly Complicated/Unnecessary Thing (like an electric wine opener): “I decided to “wow” you with technology that you will never, ever use.”
- Calendar: “I got you the one thing no one can refuse this time of year, despite having one on their cell phone, computer, watch and just about everywhere else.”
- Ed Hardy Shirt: “I’m your aunt/mom/grandma and I think this is what the kids are wearing these days.”
- Man Toiletries: You are not the most important man in my life!
- Cheap Giftcard for an Expensive Store: “I was buying something big here for someone more important than you, and then remembered you on the way out.”
While that was fun, we know it’s way too early to be discussing last-minute gifts, especially if you do your shopping now! A great way to send Holiday greetings and Texas cheer is by sending one of our Holiday Gift Baskets! Make it even more personal by personalizing labels with “Merry Christmas, Smith Family!” so they know it was not a last-minute gift idea! With so many great gifts to choose from, go ahead and send your Christmas gift baskets with Texas flair now and let your friends, family, or clients enjoy the delicious tastes of Texas and the holidays! ‘Tis the season to be jolly – so send that jolly today!
Also, it’s never too early to stock up on hostess gifts or thoughtful gifts for your Texas neighbors! Mosey on over to www.texastreats.com and see all the perfect sussies we have to give this holiday season!