It’s the last shopping weekend before Christmas Eve and Christmas. Which means there’s still time but also means you and the rest of your town are going to be at the local mall squeezing your way into parking spaces, stores, and long lines at Starbucks for refueling. Not sure about you, but that doesn’t sound very fun to us! There is still time to swing by the Texas Treats store today in Frisco, TX for the best last-minute gifts. But if you miss us, we thought these were some great handmade, blood-pressure saving gifts you could make at home and spare yourselves the headaches of traffic and shopping grinches! Not a crafty person? These ideas from bhg.com are perfect for you, too!
- Christmas Flower Gift: Swing by your local nursery and pick up an amaryllis bulb in a cute pot, stick a Christmas ornament in it, wrap the pot with red ribbon and voila! A perfectly pretty Christmas gift.
- Stamped Sachets: Purchase small drawstring muslin bags, a festive rubber stamp and ink, and stamp the bags! Fill with cedar shavings or some Christmas-y scents for a cute gift idea.
- Pretty Pincushion: Is your friend a seamstress? Then she’ll love this! Wrap a foam square like a gift with fabric and secure along the edges with fabric glue. Glue on beads at tie a fabric bow around it and your friend will have the cutest, one-of-a-kind pincushion in town!
- Monogrammed Candle: Sounds complicated, but it’s not! Buy a candle and wrap your friend’s favorite colored card stock around the candle holder. Embellish with ribbons and a cut-out of your friend’s first initial. All you need are some cute supplies and a hot glue gun and you’re done!
- Winter Wonderland Candle Trio: Purchase 3 plain cylinders (3 different sizes looks best) and embellish the outside with shimmery adhesive snowflakes (you can find at craft stores). Fill each cylinder with pillar candles and you have yourself a snowfall-inspired trio.
- Christmas Ball Ornaments: Purchase clear plastic ornaments from your local craft shop. Cut up cute holiday Christmas paper, favorite quotes, or fill with paint and shake! Tie a ribbon to the top and your friend will have a personalized ornament to put on her tree.
It’s never too late to make a pretty present. We just recommend you don’t wait too much longer! Enjoy the last weekend before Christmas and all the fun crafts you can do! When all your gifts are ready to give, treat yourself to the most beautiful Christmas light displays in the DFW area!