Happy New Year, partners! We hope you survived the holidays with just enough energy left to take down all your decorations! Like a whirlwind, you most likely greeted family, fed family, gave and received gifts with family and now are happy to have a break from the hustle and bustle. Being just a few days in to 2013, have you made your resolutions? Have you had the time? If not, perhaps the following top 10 resolutions will inspire you to make your own. If we’ve heard it once, we’ve heard it 1,000 times, only make resolutions you can keep – you’ll feel less guilty when 2014 rolls around!
Thanks to this article, we learned the top 10 resolutions, but we put our own Texas-spin on them! So, saddle up to your resolution notebook and start making your own!
1) Eat healthy and exercise regularly. Texas translation: pour on a little less hot sauce and walk beside the horse not on it.
2) Drink less. Texas translation: Drink less tasteless beer, drink more Shiner Bock.
3) Learn something new. Texas Translation: What’s new to learn?! Instead, teach everyone else something new about why Texas is the best.
4) Quit smoking. Texas Translation: Quit smoking the brisket, it’s ready to eat!
5) Better work/life balance. Texas Translation: Better ranch time/hunting season balance.
6) Volunteer. Texas Translation: Freely volunteer the reasons why everything is better in Texas!
7) Save Money. Texas Translation: Just because everything’s bigger in Texas, doesn’t mean your debt has to be! Save up!
8) Get organized. Texas Translation: Cows to the left, horses to the right.
9) Travel to new places. Texas Translation: There are other places than Texas?
10) Read more. Texas Translation: Read my lips, nothing beats the Lone Star State!
Proud Texans are some of the best people on the planet! Are you one of them? If so, you might want to add one more resolution (Texas-style) to your list: send more Texas Treats. By sending Texas Treats to friends and family, you get to show off your Texas pride in sweet and savory ways. No need to wait for a special occasion, mosey on over to www.texastreats.com and find the perfect gift to give.
Don’t give up on your resolutions, it’s just the start of the year! And if you already have, go ahead and start over – we won’t tell anyone! Happy New Year!