Hold on to your cowboy hats, folks, because this might surprise ya! February begins a week from today! If you just taped up and put in the attic your last Christmas box or feel your body has finally recovered from the hustle of the holidays, this may be good news to you. 2013 is in full swing and a good Texas trip for you and your family may be just what the new year ordered. With different Texas towns as beautiful and as versatile as they are, planning a weekend getaway may be easier than it seems. Here are the Top 6 February Festivals and Events in Texas. Who knows? Maybe one of these ideas is the one that will make you fall in love with Texas even more!
- San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo: One of the largest of its kind, this almost 65 year old tradition offers a huge stock show, a professional live rodeo, and the best of entertainment at the best price! Running February 9 – 26, start packing your bags!
- Emory Eagle Festival, Lake Fork & Lake Tawakoni: For over 10 years, attenders have been learning about the bald eagle! With eagle spotting tours and special birding tours, you are sure to learn more than you’d expect! Join the fun the 2nd weekend in February.
- Galveston Island Mardi Gras: Packed with tradition and fun, the Galveston Mardi Gras provides a fun time without having to travel to New Orleans. A 12-day, 11 night party event, dress up and head on out to enjoy the entertainment of the days leading up to lent.
- Livestrong Austin Marathon: Ready to run? This annual marathon is set for February 17. The beautiful scenery makes this rather arduous course possible; nearly half the course is run along Town Lake and the Colorado River, while the rolling hills offer its challenges.
- Charro Days: Head to Brownsville, TX for a weeklong, traditional Mexican “pachanga” since 1938, with parades, dances and fun events for everyone in the family! This fun for all runs February 24 – March 3rd.
- Cowtown Marathon: Not just a marathon, the Cowtown Marathon weekend in Fort Worth includes a half-marathon, 10k, 5k for adults and a 5k for kids! Enjoy the run through downtown Fort Worth… guaranteed to be a flatter course than Austin!
No matter where you go or where you run (we tip our hats to marathoners), Texas is sure to offer you beautiful road trips and a good time wherever you land. Need some snacks to go? Texas Treats is packed to the rim with perfect travel snacks like Texas Flag Popcorn, Chewy Pralines, Boot-Stompin’ Peanuts, and so much more!