A warm bowl of soup is like a hug for your insides; there is nothing better on a cold, wintry day. Sitting down at a table with soup for dinner can bring a surprising cure from the day’s mishaps; there’s something about that deep breath you take in from the steam! There’s more to it, though, friends. Your love for your bowl of hot soup is shared by many! We thought these 7 interesting facts about soups would add even more so to your belief that soup is the best answer to most everything.
- The word soup comes from a Sanskrit origin and means “good nutrition.”
- Great for dieting, a cup of soup serves as a “filler” at meals or snack times.
- Use a lettuce leaf to remove the excess fat from the top of your soup (can also be done with a large spoon).
- “Sneak” vegetables into your child’s diet by serving him soup! It’s a great way to get tomatoes, cabbage and spinach down the hatch!
- Since we consumed soup with a spoon, etiquette experts say we “eat” soup as opposed to other cultures that sip soup out of the bowl.
- Creamy soups are yummy but contain more calories than brothy soups. Simply limit the amount of creamy soups if you are trying to lose weight.
- Soups are energizers! When running late on a meal, don’t skip it! Simply warm up some soup and enjoy a nice lunch.
Ready for a delicious bowl of soup?! Texas Treats is proud to offer the best in Texas soup mixes that make cooking and enjoying easy for you! Our Border Town Tortilla Soup Mix is just the right way to finish out the day! One of our most popular soup mixes, we combine corn, tomatoes, cilantro and spices with a delicious broth. Top it with our crunchy tortilla chips and cheddar cheese and bam! Dinner is served!
Make every face around the dinner table smile with our Chicken Enchilada Soup Mix! Can you say “YUM?!” Another of our most popular soup mixes, it’s cheesy and spicy – everything an enchilada soup should be! For extra heartiness, add chicken, black beans, and corn. It’s like love melted in a bowl!
Reap the benefits of soups with our wintry soup mixes. No matter where you live, there’s nothing better than a taste of Texas at your dinner table. Perfect for a Super Bowl party this Sunday, our mixes make it tasty and easy to host!