Maybe this year you and your friends just aren’t in the mood to go out to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. We don’t blame you, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the fun of St. Patty’s Day. Instead of joining the throngs of party-goers celebrate St. Patrick’s right in the comfort of your own home. Let Texas Treats be your guide to a Texas themed St. Patrick’s Day party. Follow these easy instructions below and you’ll be sure to have everyone doing the Irish jig.
- Invitations: Be sure to get your online invitations out (quick!) for this Sunday’s festivities. There is no such thing as too much green so dazzle them up with some big green Shamrocks. Remind your guests to dress in their best Cowboy Leprechaun outfits.
- Food: A party always goes from good to great with some hot Texas chile to eat. So take a packet of your Texas Treats Chili Mix and throw in some green chilies to add some St. Patrick’s Day flare. Don’t forget to put out some Texas Treats Tortilla Chips and extra-green guacamole.
- Drinks: Guinness Stout is a great Irish beer to drink on St. Patrick’s Day. But if you really want to stick with your Texas themed shindig then take some of your favorite Texas beer and add some green food coloring to give it that special Irish hue.
- Entertainment: While you eat and drink listen to the music of Bill Gibbons. This Irish Texan was influential in forming the famous band ZZ Top. As the party begins to wind down gather everyone together and watch any one of the movies starring the proud Irish Texan… Matthew McConaughey.
- Dessert: A party isn’t over until after dessert. So send your guests home with some Lucky Chocolates from Texas Treats. These rich milk chocolate turtles will be sure to give Irish Luck to every Texan who eats one.
At the end of the night judge who had the best Cowboy Leprechaun ensemble and reward them with their very own box of Lucky Charms. All of your hard work planning your Texas themed St. Patrick’s Day party will payoff when you hear your guests demand another party for next year. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!