Football season is upon us, and while we love rooting for our Cowboys, Texans, Longhorns, Aggies, Red Raiders and all the other Texas teams, let’s not forget to give a big Texas cheer for the women who help make it all worthwhile – our Cowgirls! The name conjures up images of Annie Oakley and Dale Evans, and even Jessie from Toy Story – women who exemplify the courage and tenacity that was needed to survive in the Wild West. While the West may not be as wild as it used to be, we think there still lies in all women that heart of a cowgirl!
Texas even has a museum devoted to these spirited ladies. The National Cowgirl Museum located in Fort Worth, Texas (where else?!) honors the lives of those women – past and present – with that true Wild West pioneering spirit.
Texas Treats has put together a gift that is perfect for the Cowgirl in your life! Our Cowgirl Hat Basket has everything a Wild West girl needs:
• A cowboy hat, of course, and a pink bandanna
• A bottle of Dr. Pepper to quench that thirst, kept cold with a “Don’t Mess With Texas Women”
pink koozie, with a pop-a-top keychain included
• A cowbell to call her cowboy home!
• A tube of Texas lip balm, to keep those lips in tip-top shape while riding the range
• A Lammes’ Chocolate bar (because don’t we all need a little chocolate?) and a tin of Mints
So before you get too caught up in the exciting football season coming up, take just a minute to head over to Texas Treats and get your Cowgirl a special gift to show her how much you appreciate her!