Winter in Texas is a funny thing, ain’t it?! One day it’s hats, gloves and winter coats and the next it’s short-sleeves, jeans and sunglasses. Who are we kidding… the temperature changes just like that in a single hour in Texas! For most of us, this unpredictability leaves us looking for something to do outside of the home that could be fun no matter what mother natures brings.
How about some beach camping? Bundle up or bring the sunscreen, no matter what, camping on a Texas beach can be a whole lot of fun for the whole family! Whether you hit the Padre Island National Seashore (where you can drive your car on the sand!) or Mustang Island State Park (where you can hike dunes up to 35 feet!) here are a few camping survival tips to help prepare you before you find yourself feeling like you’re on a desert island.
- Decide beforehand if you will camp directly on the beach or at a nearby campground.
- Consider the time of year (mostly temperature!) by checking local forecasts for what to expect.
- Call the campground ahead of time to make sure you secure your spot or to learn any need-to-knows!
- Pack light, keep it simple, only take what you’ll need.
- Enjoy what the beach has to offer! Take part in the local activities and all it has to offer.
- Take GREAT snacks! Texas Treats can prepare you for the best road-tripping snacks, and camping treats.
Make heads turn when you tell your friends this January “we’re going to the beach this weekend!” They’re sure to be surprised, but even more envious when you return with great stories and sand in the floor of your car.
Make bellies happy on your beach adventure by taking the best travel snacks in all of Texas! Tasting Texas Treats on Texas beaches is the perfect combination for a perfect weekend and will add to the fun of an awesome Texas weekend adventure!