A true Texan likes Valentine’s Day dates that are slow and easy. Not spent waiting until 9pm to have dinner in an over-crowded restaurant where you sit so close to your neighbor it’s like you’re celebrating the romantic holiday together! No, a true Texan wants a heart-felt evening planned! Here are some ideas for you to make your special Valentine smile as big as Texas!
1) Stay Home, Home on the Range. Maybe not where the deer and antelope play(!) but staying home means you can spend more time together than out fighting crowds.
2) Bring the Outside, In. String white Christmas lights across your ceiling and after dinner, lay down on a blanket and look up at the “stars” with your sweetie – since the stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas!
3) Say “I love you” with Texas Chili on the Stove. Nothing says “I love you” to a true Texan than the smell of Texas Chili filling the air. A deep breath of simmering spices is all you need to spice up the night!
4) Move the Coffee Table for Some Texas Tw0-Steppin’! Who says you don’t have all the dance floor you need?! Put on some upbeat western tunes, pull on your cowboy boots and meet your partner on the dance floor for a boot-scoot-boogie!
5) Surprise Your Sweetie With Texas Treats! Give your Texas sweetie something on February 14th to remind him that you still love him on February 15! The perfect Valentine’s gifts are the ones that give a taste of Texas. Fill your sweetie’s heart and tummy with flavors that show you care.
We hope this Valentine’s Day you find yourself staring up at the stars in the sky (even if they’re strings of lights on the ceiling of your living room floor) with the one you love.