Brad Pitt may be the only person who has ever received a $30,000 Olive Tree for Valentine’s Day to dwell in the yard of their French chateau. Why? Because he loves olives, of course! While that was very thoughtful of Angelina, thoughtful gifts can be given at far less a cost. Valentine’s Day really is a fun way to celebrate the love you have for your sweetie! But it doesn’t have to be the day that also breaks your bank. In fact, the more thoughtfulness put in the day – the better! So, light the candles around your house, set a Texas atmosphere, and put together an evening with fresh and free ways to show your sweetie you care. We love these ideas from this “Spend Time, Not Money” article and adapted them to suit our Texas tastes!
- Create an “I love you” box and fill it all day with things you love about the other and read them together tonight!
- Set up a tent in the backyard and camp out under the stars!
- Turn off all electronics and reminisce about when and where your love bloomed.
- Write poems for one another – this could be sentimental or silly!
- Play charades with a Texas Theme – act out movies, towns, historical figures, colleges!
- Grab some chalk and write in BIG letters on the driveway “I love you!” – could feel as fun as seeing it written in the sky!
- Dust off an old board game and return to your child-like roots!
- Take a walk through a beautiful neighborhood and dream/house-hunt!
- Turn on some western tunes, put on your cowboy boots and move the coffee table for some Texas Two-Steppin’!
- If all else fails, simply don’t forget to take a moment to tell the one you love why you love him/her.
No matter if you go out or stay in, buy an Olive Tree or play charades, from our hearts to yours, we hope you have a very Happy Valentine’s Day!