A tourist steps off the plane at the D/FW Airport and takes a deep breath in. What does he smell? Where should he go? What would you want this passerby to know to give him the very best taste of Texas in a short visit? The locals in the area may know to tell him to avoid the high-five and be willing to take the DART around town to economically get to all the best places. If he only has a few, free days to spend in the D/FW area, our recommendations for a great taste of Texas.
- Visit the Fort Worth Stockyards. Known as “the history book of the livestock industry in Texas,” tourists get to experience firsthand “the original bricks and mortar, the wood corrals, the men, and the music that are all still a part of the Stockyards today.”
- Visit Dealey Plaza. On November 22, 1963, Americans witnessed history as JFK was assassinated in broad daylight. Though a catastrophic day, the notable spot in downtown Dallas remains a legendary tourist attraction.
- Visit the AT&T Stadium. Not your typical football stadium, the home of the Cowboys stands as a popular attraction for the true cowboy (fan) at heart.
- Visit Northpark Mall. Shopping, shopping, shopping! Offering the best in designer clothing and displaying exhibits throughout the interior of the mall that liken that of a museum, a visit to Northpark will alter the meaning of “local mall” forever!
- Give the Best of Texas flavors. What better way to “show” him Texas than to let him get a taste of it! Our Taste of Texas Gift Pack is the perfect way to introduce your tourist to the best in Texas flavors.
- Jalapeno Salsa
- Texas Caviar (which is actually a wonderful black-eyed pea dip)
- Texas Queso Fire Water
- Texas Chili
All these fabulous tastes of Texas are packaged in a Texas flag gift box. When you send it to a friend or client, we will add a printed gift card for you. If you are looking to send corporate holiday gifts, Texas Treats will add the red, white, and blue bow (or even holiday ribbons) if you like and ship these to everyone on your list! These Texas Gift Packs are easy, un, and most of all, delicious!
Send our Taste of Texas Gift Pack to someone who doesn’t want to forget what the best of Texas tastes like!