With Father’s Day this Sunday (yes, this is a friendly reminder!), it’s the perfect time to reflect on what your dad has taught you over the years. Now, perhaps a parent yourself, you may feel you’ve got some big boots to fill! You may have more respect for ‘ole dad than you did growing up, especially when he always made you clean your room before you left the house. Since it is Dad’s weekend, after all, we want to help you tip your cowboy hat to Dad as you ponder how much he’s taught you and guided you over the years. Here are a few simple ways to celebrate Dad this weekend and prove to him that you have been listening to him all these years…
- Grab a ball and glove (or tennis racket, golf clubs, etc.) and head outside. Partner up in the front lawn or on the courts and have some good old-fashioned quality time throwing the ball around. Simple, but special.
- Check the oil in your car (and tires while you’re at it!) You’re never too old to do this! Dads put their children’s safety at a high level, and would appreciate knowing you aren’t driving around with an engine running on empty. Practically speaking, this will put a smile on his face.
- Send a video of the grandkids! Coordinate a heartfelt and funny message for Dad/Grandpa this Father’s Day and capture it on film. If he can’t be with his grandkids on Father’s Day, a video is the next best thing.
- Make a donation to a place that is important to him. Ever heard Dad talk about an organization, research center, ministry or non-profit that he supports? Make a donation there in his name and honor, this would mean a lot!
- Feed his stomach and his soul. Make a meal for Dad and sit down and enjoy it with him. Listen to his stories, laugh at his jokes, it’s his day, prove to him that he’s no ordinary guy!
We appreciate all the Dads out there who have given so many of us big cowboy boots to fill! Happy Father’s Day to all the great Dads out there from all of us here at Texas Treats!