Did you know that in 1980, the highest recorded temperature in Dallas, TX was 112°F? Yep, you read that right, 112 degrees! Now that is HOT! With that being said, don’t ya think we ought to be thankful for the “cool” “lows” of 80s and 90s we’re feeling these days? Sounds like we have the perfect temps for evening BBQs in our backyards. So, pull out the tables and chairs, round up the crock pots, and let’s get ready for a fun, summer Texas-style backyard BBQ!
In 5 simple steps, you can host the best Texas-style backyard BBQ in the whole neighborhood. It’ll smell so good, you’ll probably meet a few new faces who just followed the smell in the air!
- Think Texas Pride! Round up as many small Texas flags and insert them into potted blooms as centerpieces in the middle of your tables. Cowboy hats scattered on serving tables and Texas flag napkins at the drink station will set the perfect mood!
- Don’t Forget the Brisket and the Biscuits! If you don’t have a smoker, baste your brisket, pork or beef with any of our BBQ condiments at sunrise! Let ’em sit all day, grab some buttermilk biscuits (oooo weeeee!) and get ready for the best BBQ sandwiches you’ve ever had in your life!
- Offer a Texas-sized Variety of Drinks! Fill up your coolers with tons of ice and offer the best selection of drinks! Water is most important, sodas, adult beverages, and kids’ juices usually satisfy all the different taste buds! (HINT: If you have a Texas Treats copper tin (see right), fill it with ice for the nicest drink station ya ever did see!)
- Texas Trivia Throughout the Evening! Challenge your guests with great Texas Trivia. See who really loves their Texas or discover who needs a few more lessons on the great state of Texas!
- Mosey on over to Your Neighbors to Invite ‘Em! A true Texan at heart hasn’t quickly forgotten the old tradition of moseying on over to a friends’ to extend an invitation! With invitation in hand, jump on the back of your horse (or get in your car!) and hand-deliver your invitation.
Most importantly, have fun! The heart of a Texan is a joyous one, so enjoy!