We are huge fans of family time over here at Texas Treats. That’s why we love all the national holidays, special occasions, weddings, baby showers, and Sunday afternoon get-togethers. 4th of July is one of our favorites because it combines all the best things together: friends, family, freedom and fun. How often do you get to see huge fireworks shot into the air? Just one time a year for us, and that’s why we love this day so much. Of course with the rest of America celebrating the same occasion, there are fantastic fireworks displays all throughout the U.S.A. We are so pleased that Discovery.com announced one of the 6 Best Places to Watch Fireworks on the Fourth of July is in our own back yard!
We’d love to know if you have other locations to add to this list!
- Boston, Massachusetts: “The Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular brings 200,000 spectators to the banks of the Charles River for a show that also includes—not surprisingly—a number of musical acts as well.”
- New York, New York: The Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks show “reportedly uses 75,000 pounds of fireworks—three times as many as other large shows.”
- New Orleans, Lousiana: The Go 4th on the River celebration in New Orleans, “culminate in a fireworks show dubbed the “Dueling Barges” in which two floating platforms try to outdo one another.”
- Lake Tahoe, California: “The Lights on the Lake fireworks show at Lake Tahoe, California has been rated one of the top five in the country by the American Pyrotechnics Association.”
- Addison, Texas: “Every year Addison, Texas puts on a display it has appropriately named “Kaboom Town.” The 30 minute fireworks show is accompanied by musical performances and an air show.”
Yee-haw! We love it when anything Texas is listed as one of the BEST! We will be enjoying some Texas firework shows tonight and hope you enjoy seeing some, too! As always, don’t forget to keep the 4th of July safe, fun, and tasty!