We could sum up our love for Texas in five very simple letters: T E X A S. I mean, really, need we say more? In fact, many people share our sentiments and love for the Lone Star state and don’t even have to say why. It’s just in the name. It’s the very best! We love this 50 Reasons Texas is the Best State in America article as it covers quite a variety of reasons for loving Texas. Though we took their ideas and adapted them by finding our 10 favorites from this list and putting our own spin on ’em! So, sit back and enjoy! And feel free to shout a hearty “Amen!” in the comments or add your own favorite reasons for loving Texas, too.
The 10 BEST Things About Texas (in no particular order!):
- “The State Fair on Texas-OU Weekend is an amazing, appalling, exciting thing to see, even if you’re not wearing crimson or burnt orange.”
- “Friday Night Lights. Not the book, movie or show — the real thing. High school football in small-town Texas is something everyone should experience at least once.”
- “Dublin Dr Pepper — for those people who think regular old Dr Peppers aren’t Texan enough.”
- “Chuck Norris. He doesn’t sleep; he waits. And he’s a Texas Ranger, durn-it.”
- “Blue Bell ice cream and the way Texans are fiercely loyal to it.”
- “The stunning art museums in Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth. And the fact that we know enough not to act shocked at the idea that Fort Worth would have a world-class art museum.”
- “The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo draws farm kids and their animals to Reliant Park and some of the biggest concerts of the year.”
- “George Strait populated the state with his exes.” Think sing-song, “All my exes live in Texas.”
- Three of our last nine presidents have been from Texas.
And possibly our favorite from this list, is…
10. “When you say you’re from Texas, no one in the world needs to ask where that is.”
So, whaddaya say? Do you agree? Have any more to add? We’d love to hear from you!