With summer in full throttle, you have probably been to your fair share of backyard BBQs, splash pads with kids and friends, and trips to the Perot Museum on the hottest days. We get it! It’s hot in Texas and trudging through it with friends is often the best way to ensure survival. For even the best Texas-loving folks, finding clever conversation to keep people laughing and having a good time can be difficult! That’s why we are offering you some of the best Texas sayings! Thanks to Texas Monthly we had a long list to grab from and hope you enjoy them, too.
- Bravery: “Brave as the first man who ate an oyster.”
- Dry: “So dry the birds are building their nests out of barbed wire.”
- Busy: “He’s so busy you’d think he was twins.” or “No grass growing under her feet!”
- Unsophisticated: “He’s so country he thinks a seven-course meal is a possum and a six-pack.”
- Capable: “If she crows, the sun is up.”
- On Being a Little Crazy: “He’s got a big hole in his screen door.” or “He’s a few pickles short of a barrel.”
- On Being Lucky: “He’s riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.” or “He could sit on the fence and the birds would feed him.”
We particularly love the “General Advice” sayings:
- “Pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered.”
- “A worm is the only animal that can’t fall down.”
- “Just because a chicken has wings don’t mean it can fly.”
- “Don’t hang your wash on someone else’s line.”
This summer, don’t let the conversation drag. Hit your friends up with these great Texas one-liners and let the crowds roll! As always, a great ice breaker for any get together or way to bring a smile to friends’ faces is by offering them the very best in Texas Treats. Throw in a few good lines along with some Texas Treats Chips & Salsa and you are sure to be the talk of the town!