We’ve got a long weekend ahead of us (Yeehaw!) so it only makes sense to plan a little get-together with people we’re fond of. We all know that the best party is a Texas party since we just know how to have a good time, y’all! Out of the kindness of our hearts, we’re going to share with you some tips on how to encourage the inner – Texan that’s in all of us to let loose a bit. It’s bound to be a boot-stompin, spur-sportin good ol’ time!
1) Settin’ Up: We’re all about keeping it simple ’round here. Our recommendation is to use everyday cowboy stuff as decor – ropes, bandannas, and cowboy hats can be used as centerpieces or hang around the room to give it a nice “Western” feel.
2) Don’t neglect the Fixin’s: A party is only as good as it’s snacks, so don’t skimp on getting some real, nice Texas Treats! In fact, we know just where you can go to find some favorite Cowboy munchies. Not that we’re braggin’ or anything, we just know what Texans want! For example, check out the aptly-named Cowboy Crowd Pleaser basket.
The Cowboy Crowd Pleaser includes:
- Authentic Texas Tortilla Chips (6 ounce)
- Salsa Ranchera (8 ounce)
- Texas Firecrackers (1.5 oz. – baked snack cracker with a spicy kick!)
- Texas Trail Mix (6 ounce)
- Texas Size Tootsie Pop (This tootsie Pop is packed with ten Tootsie Pops inside!)
- Texas Theme Candy Bar
- Texas Longhorn Mints
- Texas History Coffee Mug
- Wild West Peanut Brittle
- Texas Two Step (The Texas Two-Step has two different candies – one Longhorn (caramel and pecans in milk chocolate) and one Pecan Praline (caramel surrounding Texas pecans)
- Wild West Taffy
- Texas Size Assorted Jelly Beans in a Texas Shape Container (6 oz.)
- and a couple of napkins and plates
3) Kick up some Dust on the Dance Floor: We understand that all your guests may not own a pair of honest-to-goodness Cowboy boots, but that won’t get ’em out of line-dancin’! Be sure to have a great Western music playlist lined up for your festivities and clear some space to invite guests into the magical world of line-dancin’, a favorite Texan pastime! If you’re nervous about cuttin’ a rug, check out this resource for step-by-step line dancing moves. And don’t forget about the Texas Two-Step!
Giddy up and get yourself to a good time this Labor Day Weekend!